Crowds line up for chance to buy Hamilton tickets
It may be the hottest ticket in town. Several people spent the night at the Eccles Theater just for their chance to get their hands on a pair.
The national tour of “Hamilton” is coming to the Eccles Theater in April. Tickets went on sale to the general public Friday. Salt Lake City is just the 10th city in the country to host the Broadway musical.
There’s so much anticipation for the performances that some people lined up for more than 12 hours before tickets went on sale.
There was some chaos when the venue made folks move off their property for about 45 minutes early Friday morning.
“I cannot have you sitting here with chairs or anything. You can go walk around the public, but we cannot have anyone in this like until 6 a.m.,” said a female employee for Eccles Theater.
Some tried to take advantage of the confusion to move up a few spots.
“I was kind of stressed. He was in the bathroom. I had to move all of our stuff,” said one patient fan.
Thankfully, order was restored, and eventually theater employees helped usher people inside.
“I just figured I should be comfy. I’ve got my jacket and my protein bar and a book,” one fan told KSL.
Officials with the musical say “Hamilton” will most likely return to Salt Lake City if you miss out on your chance to get tickets this time around.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 23761)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 6035)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5428)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 5364)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 3951)