Kitten freed after getting in tight spot
SAGINAW COUNTY, Mich. – A kitten may have lost one of it’s nine lives, but the future looks bright.
Homeowner Courtney Neiderquill came home from work Saturday night hearing a strange noise. They looked under the cupboard and saw there was a tiny hole with the kitten’s head popping through it. The kitten was in distress and stuck.
“It was bizarre, if anything it was just crazy how it could just stay there,” said Neiderquill.
The kitten had gotten into her crawlspace and up under the kitchen sink.
Neiderquill immediately called the Thomas Township Fire department for some help.
“When they finally cut a little slit and found the body hanging straight down it was dangling by it’s neck,” said Neiderquill.
As soon as the firefighters freed the kitten from the piece of wood, Saginaw County Animal Care and Control picked her up and gave her a safe place to stay.
She’s pretty much been in the arms of Animal Care and Control worker, Jessica Herzog.
“We think that’s she’s probably between three and four months old, and as far as her overall health goes, she looks pretty good actually for being out on her own for so long,” said Herzog.
But Herzog said not every animal is so lucky. With the recent snow storms, she said it’s much more likely that stray animals will try and find shelter in homes.
Animal Care and Control recommends reaching out for help if you find yourself in a similar situation.
“She could’ve been injured very badly, because she was hanging like that for a while and to be able to get her out the firemen had to use their tools and cut around her to get her out. She’s incredibly lucky, she’s a strong little girl,” said Herzog.
That rescued kitten now has a name, Muffin.
Muffin doesn’t know it yet, but the house she chose to get stuck in might be choosing her right back. Neiderquill said they are looking at possibly adopting her.
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16465)
- 8-year-old girl dies after Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8845)
- Centerville wildfire 'most likely' caused by fireworks; evacuation orders lifted (pageviews: 8387)
- 12-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 8196)
- 8-year-old girl critically injured in Kaysville parade incident (pageviews: 7811)
- UTA: One man dead, another injured after shooting at TRAX station – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6345)