Dry Creek Elementary lunch ladies serving up smiles
LEHI — At Dry Creek Elementary in Lehi, the kitchen is a busy place.
Hundreds of meals are prepped daily for eager young minds. But it’s what four lunch ladies are doing when the students aren’t looking that caught our attention.
“It’s like little love notes to your little kids, and they love it,” said Sharon Kunz, who manages the nutrition staff.
They write little love notes of encouragement and inspiration on bananas to brighten a student’s day.
Kunz said her favorite thing to write is “make new friends” — an encouraging message, something for them to try.
Kunz saw the idea on Pinterest.
With 250 bananas, there is a lot of pressure to write a good message.
The idea was a hit and now something the kids look forward to. We can see they have smiles and they’re sharing them with each other. Messages including, “You’re awesome,” “Be happy,” and “You mean a lot to us.”
“It makes me feel like they care about us,” Hadley Humes said.
A simple act of service is bringing joy to the lunchroom.
It’s time to recognize the lunch ladies for all the amazing things they do, so we’re sending them to lunch.
A High 5 to these lunch ladies for serving up love and kindness with lunch.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 30730)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 16278)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 11076)
- Utah will likely set historic snow record Friday (pageviews: 9663)
- UPDATE: Interlodge lifted at Snowbird, Alta Ski Area; SR-210 reopens (pageviews: 9130)
- Police: Grantsville man shot himself upon police serving search warrant (pageviews: 7166)