Caught on camera: UHP trooper sprints from sliding car
SALT LAKE CITY – Dramatic dash camera video released from Utah State Patrol troopers shows one of their own running from a car sliding on the freeway.
The trooper was stopped on the State Route 89 on-ramp to southbound I-15 in Davis County, when a car started sliding out of a control and slammed into two cars parked on the side of the road. The trooper had to sprint into the street to get out of the way.
UHP said Sgt. Nate Powell was setting up traffic control on Monday around 1 p.m. for an earlier crash when the second crash happened. He was not hurt.
Troopers said the video is a reminder to drivers to slow down, increase following distance and move over for emergency vehicles.
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 7381)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 7141)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6358)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 6125)
- Flood watch over popular Utah recreation areas Sunday (pageviews: 5376)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3050)