Disney princess saves little girl’s birthday party
ARVADA, Colo. — A Colorado first grader had a rough seventh birthday when none of her invited school friends showed up at her party. But a Royally enchanted Queen Elsa invited to entertain the guests turned the party around and did not let the little girl down.
Little Leyana had been dreaming of this birthday party for months. At the tender age of seven, she wore her white ruffle dress, counting down the minutes until her classmates would arrive for her birthday, but no one showed up.
Her mother said, “It was horrible. It hurts. It hurts your heart.”
Little Leyana never blew out her candles, the white chocolate cake is still untouched in the fridge.
“For her being at the age she is, she doesn’t understand why nobody came,” said her mother.
Then came a knock at the door, making the day better.
Lindsay Robert, playing the role of Elsa from the movie Frozen, has been to countless birthday parties, but never witnessed anything like this.
Robert said, “It was soul crushing. Just all by herself. Just looking down. Just so sad and she just launched herself into my arms.”
Robert and Leyana sang and danced together and made that tearful day a little brighter.
Robert used the time to form a friendship and teach a lesson, about finding happiness from within.
“I wasn’t kidding when I told you that every princess is smart, and brave and kind and you are all of those things,” Robert told Leyana.
‘People get so busy but to raise the expectations of a child and not deliver on that promise. Just be there. Be there for the kids in your community. Be there for each other,” said Robert.
And now thanks to Queen Elsa and a Facebook post she wrote about the experience, many people in the Arvada community are now working on a special birthday surprise for little Leyana.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9148)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 5383)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 3392)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 2595)
- Live (pageviews: 2201)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 2139)