Condition improves of victim in Grand Canyon copter crash
LAS VEGAS (AP) – Authorities say a British tourist who was pulled from the wreckage of a fiery helicopter crash in the Grand Canyon has been upgraded to fair condition at a Nevada hospital.
A spokesman for University Medical Center of Southern Nevada says the 42-year-old pilot remains in critical condition.
Three other British tourists aboard the helicopter were killed the day of the crash and two others died weeks later after being hospitalized.
A preliminary report by the National Transportation Safety Board says the helicopter made at least two 360-degree turns before crashing.
Aviation experts say that indicates the tail rotor wasn’t operating properly.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9218)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4825)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3408)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 3366)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2413)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2241)