Public can weigh in on proposal to close Ogden elementary school
OGDEN – Wasatch Elementary School is one of five schools the Ogden School District is considering closing because of declining enrollment. The others are Polk, Taylor Canyon, Gramercy, and Hillcrest Elementary Schools.
Bates gave a couple of reasons for decline, including: parents are choosing other school options, moving away, or just having smaller families overall.
“The result of that is we have schools that are far, far under capacity, yet we still have the same expense to operate those buildings every year,” said Bates.
The district is inviting parents and others to join the discussion about school consolidation. You can take an online survey or attend a meeting at each of the schools facing closure listed below. A decision is expected next week.
- Monday, March 5, at 5 p.m. – Taylor Canyon Elementary
- Tuesday, March 6, at 6 p.m. – Wasatch Elementary
- Wednesday, March 7, at 6 p.m. – Gramercy Elementary
- Thursday, March 8, at 6 p.m. – Hillcrest Elementary
- Friday, March 9, at 6 p.m. – Polk Elementary
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 16557)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 16009)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 13809)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 9044)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7278)
- Missing Massachusetts girl found in Utah; man arrested for alleged human trafficking - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3003)