Moms influence new ‘Inspiring Women’ Barbie dolls
Just ahead of International Women’s Day, toy manufacturer Mattel is introducing two new batches of Barbie dolls, which are based on real-life figures.
The new dolls come after Mattel conducted a survey of 8,000 mothers around the globe and found that 86 percent are worried about the kind of role models their daughters are exposed to.
“Inspiring Women” is a series based on historical figures.
The three “Inspiring Women” dolls are: aviator Amelia Earhart, artist Frida Kahlo and mathematician Katherine Johnson.
The toy manufacturer is also releasing 14 new additions to its “Shero” line of dolls named for inspirational contemporary women.
The new releases include “Wonder Woman” Director Patty Jenkins and U.S. Snowboarder Chloe Kim.
Other Shero dolls honor fashion designers, journalists, actresses and entrepreneurs.
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch (pageviews: 10947)
- Live (pageviews: 6780)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 5943)
- WATCH LIVE: Warriors Over The Wasatch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5940)
- BREAKING: Abortion now prohibited in Utah (pageviews: 4798)
- Utah 'trigger law' banning abortion to go into effect after Roe v. Wade overturned (pageviews: 4654)