Moms influence new ‘Inspiring Women’ Barbie dolls
Just ahead of International Women’s Day, toy manufacturer Mattel is introducing two new batches of Barbie dolls, which are based on real-life figures.
The new dolls come after Mattel conducted a survey of 8,000 mothers around the globe and found that 86 percent are worried about the kind of role models their daughters are exposed to.
“Inspiring Women” is a series based on historical figures.
The three “Inspiring Women” dolls are: aviator Amelia Earhart, artist Frida Kahlo and mathematician Katherine Johnson.
The toy manufacturer is also releasing 14 new additions to its “Shero” line of dolls named for inspirational contemporary women.
The new releases include “Wonder Woman” Director Patty Jenkins and U.S. Snowboarder Chloe Kim.
Other Shero dolls honor fashion designers, journalists, actresses and entrepreneurs.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 17246)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 12125)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10592)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 7906)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 4332)
- Utah man arrested for rape of child after toddler diagnosed with STI (pageviews: 2848)