Take a Look: Oldest message in bottle, dad’s unique discipline, suspect runs over himself
Take a Look at This (TALAT):
Oldest message in a bottle – An amazing find on an Australian beach is confirmed to be a relic dating back 130 years.
It was found by an Australian couple on a beach in Western Australia.
Experts say the bottle was thrown into the sea more than 130 years ago. The date on the message – June 12, 1886.
It was thrown into the Indian Ocean from a German sailing ship named Paula.
According to the Western Australia Museum, the bottle was one of thousands thrown into oceans as part of a German experiment to find faster shipping routes.
Officials in Germany and Australia have confirmed the authenticity of the find.
Taking it to the streets – That’s one Virginia dad’s approach to discipline. Bryan Thornhill, called it, “Just Old School, Simple Parenting.”
After misbehaving, 10-year-old Hayden Thornhill was kicked off the school bus. So, his dad made him run a mile to school for all three days of this suspension.
“He got actually kicked off the bus for three days for being a little bully, which I do not tolerate,” said Thornhill.
The Roanoke dad documented the punishment, posting a video to Facebook, that has already gotten more than 25-million views. Some are applauding the dad’s approach; others say he’s just bullying his son.
Hayden said he feels the punishment fit the crime.
Also going viral, video of a suspect in Virginia trying to flee from a police pursuit.
He run himself over with his own car.
The man wasn’t injured, but was charged with DWI.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)