70th South closed as construction on Bangerter Hwy continues
WEST JORDAN – Utah Department of Transportation officials are warning drivers about a long-term road closure at a busy intersection in West Jordan. 7000 South at Bangerter Highway will be closed, weather permitting, through early May.
During this time, east and west through traffic and left turns will not be permitted at 70th South and Bangerter Highway. Drivers can take a right when exiting 70th South (Exit 14) and a right turn to get onto Bangerter Highway from that intersection. Bangerter Highway remains open.
Construction began Monday morning. UDOT officials say they’ll be rebuilding the roadway beneath Bangerter Highway, updating the storm drain, water and sewer lines, installing new signals, replacing and relocating the sidewalk, among other things.
“Bangerter is going to feel much more like a freeway and that’s important. We’ve got an eye on the future because there’s so much growth happening here. We need to really address the population boom that’s happening,” said UDOT spokesperson John Gleason.
This is one of a handful of projects happening along Bangerter for these same reasons. UDOT officials warn locals to expect construction ongoing both during the day and at night during this project.
Related: Utah drivers to face increased construction challenges on Bangerter Hwy
KSL 5 TV Live
- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints announces temple groundbreakings (pageviews: 76405)
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 22066)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 15455)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 12156)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12014)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 10654)
- 3 killed in multi-vehicle crash; NB I-15 closed for several hours in Box Elder County (pageviews: 8197)