Terminally ill woman denied marriage license
ATLANTA, Ga. — A Georgia woman only wants to get married, but she can’t leave the house, and officials won’t give her and her husband-to-be a marriage license without her appearing in person.
Aubri Gillilan said, “I’ve got four little babies with him and there’s nothing more that I want than to get married to him.”
Gillilan’s dying wish is to marry the father of their four children. They have a four-year-old daughter and triplets.
Andrew Hendrickson said the kids keep asking when is daddy going to marry mommy, “I don’t know what to tell them. I told them that daddy’s working on it.”
He may be working on it, but not getting anywhere. Gillilan has a rare form of malignant melanoma. It keeps her bedridden and in so much pain.
When Hendrickson went to the Fulton County South Annex to get a marriage license, he was told Gillilan had to be there to get one.
“I told them she was under hospice care, that she was bedridden. She wasn’t able to come,” said Hendrickson.
Officials refused to give him a license.
Gillilan said, “Let me get married. There isn’t no reason why I shouldn’t be able to.”
Fulton County Probate Judge Pinkie Toomer said that it’s difficult to send a worker to someone’s home because of security issues.
However, she’s looking into what can be done.
“I can’t tell you definitely yes or no, we’re able to do that or not unless I know more,” said Toomer.
Gillilan said the marriage license would mean the world to her, “This is the best thing I can have. There’s no way for me to walk down the aisle.”
Hendrickson has tried other neighboring counties and they’ve all told him the same thing. He even offered to let Gillilan appear via Skype, but they still said “No.”
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 8563)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3901)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 3445)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 2621)
- Alleged fraud committed by top leaders at Layton Christian Academy - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2604)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2477)