Garage destroyed; Firefighters keep flames from house
WEST JORDAN – West Jordan firefighters were called to a house fire on 4589 West Aire Drive Saturday afternoon.
Fire Captain Jared Price says a man was doing some work in a garage with a fuel pump for a car when something went wrong with the portable heater he was using to stay warm.
A fire was ignited and spread quickly when the man opened a door and allowed a rush of air into the garage to fan the flames.
Fire crews were able to stop the flames from spreading to the rest of the house.
“The interior of the house remains more or less intact,” said Captain Jared Price. “We just had to go look for any extension but considering the amount of damage on the exterior, and the garage, it’s a pretty impressive stop for those guys.”
Almost everything inside the garage is burned, including a couple of cars.
Everyone who was inside at the time of the fire made it out safely.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)