Police: Man arrested in father’s stabbing death
SOUTH SALT LAKE — A 65-year-old man was found dead in an apartment unit following domestic dispute involving his son, police said.
The father died after his 38-year-old son allegedly stabbed him, police said.
According to Gary Keller, executive officer with South Salt Lake Police, the son called police to the home at 2757 South and 300 East about 6:30 p.m. Crews pronounced the 65-year-old man dead at the scene and officers arrested the son.
“It’s just a sad situation involving an elderly father and an adult son,” Keller said.
Keller said the violence stemmed from “some type of domestic issue” but did not provide details on a possible motive, saying that police were just beginning their investigation late Monday.
Neither man’s name has been released as police seek to notify family members.
Free and confidential help and support for victims and survivors of domestic violence is available 24/7 at 1-800-897-LINK (5465) or visiting udvc.org.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10137)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 9660)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6421)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 6158)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3625)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3418)