Wednesday’s Child Isaac: ‘I just have to keep getting back up no matter what’
KEARNS — People come to the Olympic Ice Oval in Kearns to remember the past, create new memories, and maybe even try their hand at a new sport.
“I’m hanging out with a bunch of Olympians,” Isaac said with a smile.
Those Olympians were two U.S. speed skaters who just returned from PyeongChang.
“I’ve never really tried (speed skating) so I might as well try something new I guess,” he said.
Taking those first steps out onto the ice turned out to be a little tricky for Isaac.
“It takes balance and coordination,” he said.
At 6’4” tall, Isaac may be more built for basketball than speed skating.
“I’m taller than Steph Curry, so that’s fun,” Isaac said.
However, he still wanted to give the Ice Oval a shot.
“This is just something I always wanted to do,” he said.
Isaac’s still trying to find his footing in life.
“I was taken from my birth parents at birth,” he said.
At age 5, he says he was adopted, but just a few months ago, he re-entered state custody.
“I may have had a hard life, but the only thing that matters is whether I get back up or not,” he said.
In this case, part of ‘getting back up’ means believing he can get adopted again.
“Family should always be there and you can never give up on them,” he said.
Even at 16 years old, Isaac knows what he wants. It may not be a career in ice skating, however he knows he wants a future spent with those he loves.
“Love is a promise that you’re going to be with them through hell and back,” he said. “There’s up and downs and you just have to get back up.”
To learn more about Isaac, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444.
- Parent Calls SLC School Board Emails 'Unprofessional' & 'Unethical' (pageviews: 33337)
- Utah Teacher Hospitalized After Breaking Back On Vacation (pageviews: 7519)
- Political Opponents For Utah Governor Release Joint Ads Calling For Civility (pageviews: 6796)
- Intermountain COVID-19 PSA: 'There's A War Going On' (pageviews: 4897)
- Provo Man Shot By Family Member Who Thought He Was Intruder, Police Say (pageviews: 4105)
- Utah Reports 314 Current Hospitalizations, 1,363 New COVID-19 Cases, 6 New Deaths (pageviews: 2088)
- KSL Investigators Win Fight For More Info On COVID-19 In Utah’s Care Centers (pageviews: 2016)
- Woman Missing For 2 Weeks Found Safe In Zion National Park (pageviews: 1408)
- Parents Of 545 Children Separated At Border Can't Be Found (pageviews: 1392)