Man accused of causing deadly Herriman crash in custody
HERRIMAN – Unified Police say they are doing everything in their power to find answers for the victims of a fatal three-car crash in Herriman. Police say a baby girl was killed. Her parents are seriously injured and their other toddler is fighting for her life in a hospital.
Around 7pm Monday, police say they got a call about a reckless driver heading northbound on the Mountain View Corridor. Two minutes later, with officers on the way, dispatchers say a truck struck two vehicles.
Police say Lawrence Probert, 26, was driving the truck. He’s currently in custody on a probation violation at a hospital in serious condition. Police are looking to charge him for this deadly crash.
“It’s going to look that way and what those charges are going to be we don’t know yet. We’re still putting that together,” said Lt. Brian Lohrke about the case. “He’s got a pretty extensive criminal history involving thefts and drugs, driving under the influence. Don’t know if that was the case yesterday,” said Lt. Lohrke, who says investigators are waiting for the results of blood tests and warrants.
Officers say a woman was ejected from the passenger seat of Probert’s truck. They say the 24-year-old is in critical condition. A 34 year old man in the third car is also in critical condition.
Read more about the crash here.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 14388)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 5568)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 5477)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 5250)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 4962)
- Utah's Festival of Trees returns to an in-person event (pageviews: 3162)