Salt Lake City on Top 20 list of best places to live in U.S.
Salt Lake City has been named one of the Top 20 cities on U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 list of Best Places to Live.
Ranked on quality of life, job market and affordability in each metro, Salt Lake City was described as being “much more than a strong religious community.”
The city was recognized for its proximity to Utah’s five national parks and for hosting the 2002 Winter Olympics. The report also noted the average commute time in Salt Lake City as 3.9 minutes less than the national average.
Here is the list of the top 20:
- Austin, TX
- Colorado Springs, CO
- Denver, CO
- Des Moines, IA
- Fayetteville, AR
- Portland, OR
- Huntsville, AL
- Washington, DC
- Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
- Seattle, WA
- Nashville, TN
- Grand Rapids, MI
- Raleigh & Durham, NC
- San Antonio, TX
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Madison, WI
- San Jose, CA
- Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
- Phoenix, AZ
- San Francisco, CA
According to the report, housing costs in Salt Lake City were higher than the national median by $78,000 – $222,408 compared to $280,894 this year.
There were also fewer single people than the national average.
Boise was ranked at number 23 and Reno at 33. No other cities in Utah were selected in the Report.
To see the full list of the 125 Best Places to Live in the USA visit here.
- Utah boy dies after falling off school slide (pageviews: 19686)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 9869)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 8132)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 7085)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 5854)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3704)