Utah hit with winter-like spring storm
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Even in the rain and sleet, you can almost always find someone at Liberty Park. Cramer Tolboe said he and his especially energetic labrador retriever puppy are there everyday, rain or shine.
Just around the corner, a couple of surveyors were out in winter gear, gathering data for a nearby future construction site.
“We live in a desert. Anytime you get moisture, we’re really excited,” one said. “It’s Utah, so you know, it could be snowing one minute and raining the next minute, or sleet like it is right now. We don’t care.”
Tolboe came prepared, dressed in a winter coat, with snow pants and boots. Having grown up in Utah, he says he’s come to expect the occasional springtime storm.
“You’re at the foot of the mountains, and one day it’s 69, and the next it’s 39,” Tolboe said. “I think it’s typical for the mountain spring. Park City will go through this for four to six weeks, and we deal with it in April.”
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 33024)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 22249)
- After loud boom across Utah, here’s why you should check your yard for treasure (pageviews: 17815)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 12809)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8138)
- Teen vandals destroy koi pond, try to harm fish at Salt Lake City business (pageviews: 5410)