Provo Police: 3-year-old dead, 8-month-old injured in 4-vehicle crash
PROVO, Utah — A four vehicle crash killed a 3-year-old child Sunday afternoon, Provo Police said.
A medical helicopter also flew an 8-month-old child to Primary Children’s hospital. As of Sunday night, the child was said to be in critical condition.
The crash took place about 4:48 p.m., at the intersection of 3700 North and University Avenue.
Provo police detective Nick Dupaix said three cars were in the southbound left-turn lane on University Avenue waiting to turn, when a fourth vehicle struck them from behind.
The first crash resulted in a chain reaction involving all four cars.
Dupaix said the the fourth car was traveling the speed limit when it hit the cars.
The 3-year-old and 8-month-old were in the third car and struck by the fourth car. Dupaix said the mother and father in that car also sustained injuries, but non-life threatening.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)