Provo Police: 3-year-old dead, 8-month-old injured in 4-vehicle crash
PROVO, Utah — A four vehicle crash killed a 3-year-old child Sunday afternoon, Provo Police said.
A medical helicopter also flew an 8-month-old child to Primary Children’s hospital. As of Sunday night, the child was said to be in critical condition.
The crash took place about 4:48 p.m., at the intersection of 3700 North and University Avenue.
Provo police detective Nick Dupaix said three cars were in the southbound left-turn lane on University Avenue waiting to turn, when a fourth vehicle struck them from behind.
The first crash resulted in a chain reaction involving all four cars.
Dupaix said the the fourth car was traveling the speed limit when it hit the cars.
The 3-year-old and 8-month-old were in the third car and struck by the fourth car. Dupaix said the mother and father in that car also sustained injuries, but non-life threatening.
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 8360)
- At least 2 injured after semi hauling beehives tips on I-80 (pageviews: 8027)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 6297)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 4692)
- Man arrested for domestic violence after victim calls police under guise to 'order a pizza' (pageviews: 3431)