Deer are walking around with arrows in their bodies
(CNN) — It’s the kind of photo that just stops you in your tracks. It’s pictures of deer, walking through a field, with arrows shot through their bodies.
Oregon State Police put the shocking pics out on its Facebook page, trying to find out who would commit such a horrible act.
Department of Fish and Wildlife heard about a deer in southwest Oregon that was walking around with an arrow in its body. The state troopers, along with the fish and wildlife officers, went to the area, near the town of Shady Cove, to try to find the deer and tranquilize it in order to remove the arrow.
They were unable to locate the deer, however one of the troopers later spotted a second deer that had been shot with an arrow. Both deer were able to feed and walk, and their injuries didn’t appear to be life-threatening. Then the troopers got information on possibly a third deer with an arrow stuck in it.
The Oregon Hunters Association is offering a $2,600 reward for information leading to the arrest of the person responsible.
“Poaching wildlife and damaging habitats affects present and future generations of wildlife, impacts communities and the economy, and creates enforcement challenges,” state police said.
Whoever did this was working outside of hunting season, too. The archery season for hunting deer in Oregon generally runs from mid-August to late September and from mid-November to mid-December, according to the state Department of Fish and Wildlife.
™ & © 2018 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.
KSL 5 TV Live
- How to see the Northern Lights, sighted recently in Utah skies (pageviews: 34675)
- More snow piles up Sunday and it's not over yet (pageviews: 14695)
- Two dead, one critically injured after crash in Magna (pageviews: 12863)
- DNA analysis of Beethoven's hair reveals health issues, family secret (pageviews: 10776)
- Greatest snow on Earth: Utah's snowpack hits record high (pageviews: 9730)
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts (pageviews: 9376)
- Body found under overpass at 600 North (pageviews: 6779)