Woman claims Hollywood actor sexually assaulted her while filming in Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A Utah woman filed a lawsuit Monday alleging a Hollywood actor sexually abused her while filming in Salt Lake City. The man accused is 56-year-old Tom Sizemore. The woman is now 26, but she claims the abuse happened 15 years ago when she was 11-years-old.
Kiersten Pyke says she’s coming forward now, because she thinks Sizemore should still be held accountable. Pyke says she’s still emotionally scarred because of the incident that allegedly happened in 2003.
“I have not been able to trust a lover. I have PTSD,” said Pyke during a news conference. “You can’t put a price on a childhood that I lost.”
Pyke says she was filming the movie “Born Killers” with Sizemore. Part of the movie was filmed at a home in Salt Lake City. Pyke played the role of Sizemore’s daughter. According to the lawsuit, a scene in the movie called for Pyke to sit on Sizemore’s lap. This is when Pyke says the sexual abuse happened.
“I sat down and as I sat down, I sat on a man’s hand,” said Pyke. “And it was Tom Sizemore’s hand.”
The lawsuit says more than 20 people were on set at the time, including Pyke’s mother, who filed a police report. However, the girl’s parents later declined to file formal charges and the police report states that the Salt Lake County District Attorney’s Office cited witness and evidence problems. Now, Pyke is moving forward with a civil case.
“Sizemore should be held to account for his horrible thing he did to Kiersten Pyke,” said Robert Sykes, Pyke’s attorney. “We’re hoping this lawsuit will be the beginning of that accounting.”
KSL reached out to Sizemore for his response to the lawsuit but did not receive a reply. However, after the allegations were first brought to light last November, the actor released a statement on Twitter denying the claims.
He said, “I don’t deserve this. I never, nor would I ever, sexually touch a child. I have done many things I deeply regret. However, I did not do this.”
Pyke says she has developed a number of serious mental, psychological and emotional problems due to the alleged sexual abuse. In her lawsuit, she is seeking no less than $3 million.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 31424)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 20372)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6785)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6168)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5857)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4471)