Utah family visits rededicated Houston Texas Temple
SPRING, Texas – Twenty-four hours from tip-off of Game 5 Houston Rockets, Utah Jazz series, KSL was on a mission to find a Jazz fan in Texas. With a little luck, we found some fans, OK, one family, at the site of a recently rededicated Houston Texas Temple.
The temple in Spring, Texas, about 20 miles north of Houston, was just rededicated after it had been closed for eight months while flood damage was repaired.
While we were there, KSL ran into a Nephi family. Their son had served a mission in the area, and he was showing his family around.
“I wanted to show my parents kind of where we were at, and I wanted to show them the LDS temple here,” Taylor Ludlow said.
“What’s it like to be in enemy territory?,” asked KSL News Specialist Caitlin Burchill.
“We hadn’t told too many people,” his dad Travis Ludlow said laughing.
“Incognito down here,” Taylor added.
“We don’t even have our gear, but let’s go Jazz,” said Travis.
While they won’t be making it to a game in Houston, they planned the trip before playoffs, they say they’ll be sure to watch it on TV when they get back to Utah.
We’ll have team coverage Tuesday from Houston for Game 5.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7254)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 4854)
- One dead, one in critical condition after I-15 crash in Ogden (pageviews: 4398)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 3683)
- Tooele man arrested, accused of biting off part of teen's ear (pageviews: 3016)
- One dead, one in critical condition after being hit while changing tires in Ogden (pageviews: 2865)