Rep. Mia Love talks about close relationship with Holts
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Joshua Holt’s release was emotional for our local representatives who have worked for years fighting for it.
We caught up with Congresswoman Mia Love at the Salt Lake City International Airport moments after she got the news from President Donald Trump. “It was really nice to get a phone call with the President this morning saying, ‘Hey, come on over. We’re getting Joshua home.’ So I packed—didn’t even think about packing up actually—and just decided to get on a plane and go over and meet with the family and meet with Joshua and bring him home,” she said.
Rep. Love says because of this she will forever have a close relationship with the Holts. She says she fought for Josh’s return as she would want a representative to fight for her child in this situation. Saturday morning, Love made sure her daughter listened into her conversation with the President. “We had him on speaker. I wanted her to hear when you don’t give up, you know, and when you’ve got good people working together that miracles can happen and this is truly a miracle because Venezuela is not a place where we have any relationships, no extradition treaties,” said Rep. Love.
The congresswoman wouldn’t go into the details of the negations, but she says this release was a team effort including the State Department and Senator Orrin Hatch.
Senator Bob Corker, chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee, and his wife was seen boarding a plane in Venezuela with Holt Saturday. Corker even helping Holt with his bags.
Rep. Love says just a few days ago she had a conversation with Josh’s mom that one day they’ll be at a BBQ remembering all of this heartbreak after his return. Looks like that BBQ is on the horizon.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8591)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7853)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4030)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3671)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3209)
- ‘Totally devastated’: Trucks, trailers and ATVs stolen from Pleasant Grove neighborhood (pageviews: 2231)