4 families evacuated after gas main break
SOUTH JORDAN, Utah – A startling awakening for four families early Tuesday morning in South Jordan.
Overnight construction crews clipped a gas line around 3:30 while working on 114th S, near 36th W.
They immediately called the police who called up Dominion Energy to fix the line and closed the road from 36th west to Bangerter Highway.
“There was one apartment complex we started to evacuate. we did get some calls of people inquiring if they needed to self-evacuate and we just advised them if they felt like they wanted to they could,” said South Jordan FD Battalion Chief Michael Richards.
Thankfully, most businesses in the nearby The District shopping area weren’t open at the time.
114th S reopened around 6 am.
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 21408)
- Off-duty officer saves Draper mom from drowning (pageviews: 14286)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6417)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 5704)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4791)
- Yellowstone bison gores Colorado man, causes arm injury (pageviews: 3806)