Wednesday’s Child: ‘Because families are cool’
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Sometimes, everyone needs a little help — someone to show us the way. 18-year-old Jaid needs just that.
While he’s spending an afternoon learning how to bake cookies at the Park City Culinary Institute on State Street in Salt Lake, Jaid is in need of more.
“I know that he was in a few placements before, but they didn’t work out,” said Kayla Henson. “So he’s bounced around.
“He’s been in and out of foster care so many times that he’s never felt love and affection,” said Henson, who works with CTA Supports and has been helping Jaid try to find a home.
Those who care about him say having autism is what makes him stand out.
“They show a lot of affection, they love you deeply, and they mean it,” Henson said. “They just have smiles, and laugh.”
Henson says Jaid’s learned how to read, and enjoys playing board games and especially likes playing video games — he cites Mario Kart on the Nintendo Wii as one of his favorites.
If he doesn’t find a family soon, Jaid could end up in a group home — and he knows exactly what he wants out of life.
Because while learning to bake cookies from an expert may have all the makings of a memorable day, What Jaid really needs is a little help — a family to show him the way.
“I just want him to be in a forever home so that they can love him forever,” said Henson.
- Businesses Can Report Unemployment Recipients Who Refuse Job Offer (pageviews: 4004)
- Salt Lake City Homeowners Set Trap, Catch Thief On Camera – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3750)
- Rare Wolverine Sighting Reported At Antelope Island State Park (pageviews: 3729)
- Utahns Rush To Help Minnesota Army Veteran In Need (pageviews: 3544)
- Redwood Road Closed For Several Hours Following Fatal Crash (pageviews: 3199)
- Woman From Mali Gives Birth To Nine Babies - Two More Than Expected (pageviews: 2502)
- Utah Brothers Volunteer For Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Trial In Children (pageviews: 2325)
- Husband Thanks Rescuers Who Found His Wife In Farmington Wilderness (pageviews: 2277)
- Domestic Violence Survivor Shares Her Story In Hopes Of Helping Others (pageviews: 2073)