Second S-line track expected to save travelers time
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Come January 2019, a second S-line track is expected to be in operation, connecting South Salt Lake and the Salt Lake City–Sugar House area.
UTA, city and county officials who ceremoniously broke ground on the project Monday, June 11st say this double track of the S-line streetcar should give residents and visitors shorter wait times and faster trips aboard the trolley.
Salt Lake County recently approved $4-point-5 million for the project.
The S-line has been open for about 5 years and officials say it’s made quite the impact on this growing community.
“Since the line opened, more than 1,000 residential units, 2-million square feet of redevelopment, and more than 400-million in private investment can be attributed, at least in part, to the opening of the s-line,” said UTA Interim Executive Director Steve Meyer.
“Hopefully that 5 minutes makes a world of difference as they’re connecting to their trains, elsewhere, and helping people to choose to get out of their cars, to pollute less, and take advantage of our mass transit network,” said Salt Lake County Mayor Ben McAdams.
Construction begins Tuesday, June 12th.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8296)
- Attempted kidnapping near Utah junior high has school, police warning parents (pageviews: 5701)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4813)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3465)
- Police: Suspect shot, hospitalized after exchanging gunfire with Orem officers (pageviews: 3004)
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County (pageviews: 2451)