Exclusive: Man arrested after police find ‘blasting cap’ in his car
WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah – Andrew Liston, 32, was arrested Wednesday night, after police found a “blasting cap” in his car when he was pulled over earlier this month.
It’s a follow up to a story only on KSL TV.
Four times a year, the West Valley City, South Jordan, West Jordan and Unified police departments, along with officers from Homeland Security, the ATF, EIF, FBI, U.S. Marshals, ICE, and helicopter pilots from the Utah Highway Patrol and the Utah National Guard team up to keep our communities safe.
After finding the blasting cap, the FBI and Unified Fire Authority’s bomb squad took over the investigation.
Liston faces a charge of possession of an explosive by a convicted felon. According to court documents, he was convicted for possession or use of a controlled substance in 2016, for a 2014 incident after spending time in Utah’s Drug Court program.
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 8768)
- Get Gephardt: Husband sued for deceased wife’s unpaid medical bill - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 6320)
- Judge calls Orem mayor 'lynchpin' in fraud case, orders him and son to pay $1M (pageviews: 5012)
- NB I-15 reopens following crash, massive oil spill in Draper - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4958)
- NB I-15 closed in Draper following multi-car crash, oil spill (pageviews: 4861)
- Man arrested for breaking into Provo temple, claiming he was just cold, police say (pageviews: 4639)