High 5: Theater director dedicates countless hours to special actors
DAVIS COUNTY, Utah – The sounds of applause and cheers are things that all stage actors love to hear, but for some Davis County performers, that sound is extra special.
Meet the actors for the Centerpoint Legacy Theater’s upcoming show ‘Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat’. The special actors all have a special story and are ready for their show that opens Friday night.
“My favorite part about Centerpoint is singing because that’s all I do. Singing and dancing. And I love to act,” actress Lilly Kongaika said.
Shelly Davies has been working with this group for several years, which at one point started with only a few kids.
“My family of seven children has grown to 65,” Davies said.
But word spread through the years and the productions grew.
“Every Friday when we get together, it feels like you’re walking into Heaven. It is so joyful and they have taught me about true love.”
They call the group Friend to Friend, a chance for special kids of all ages, to shine on the stage.
We decided to surprise Shelley with a High 5, and a special gift from America First Credit Union to thank her for all of her hard work.
“It is one of the very greatest blessings of my life. I love them all.”
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)