Dollar Ridge Fire Enters Day 6 With No Signs Of Slowing
DUCHESNE, Utah – As of Friday morning, the Dollar Ridge Fire has grown more than 5,000 acres.
It’s now burned through more than 47,683 acres. It’s still four percent contained.
During the morning planning meeting, a fire manager said that the fire fight is “not done by any means.”
Firefighters will be focusing in the Currant Creek area as the fire has moved west towards Strawberry Reservoir. Crews will work to save structures near Pine Hollow and surrounding locations. These areas have already been evacuated.
Officials estimate more than 90 homes and cabins have been destroyed. Firefighters are looking to see if they can start doing a thorough damage assessment Friday or in the coming days.
Fire managers say thankfully Friday is not considered a red flag day in this location, but the firefighting conditions are still elevated and therefore dangerous.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8591)
- Hiker with flip-flops grateful to be alive after fall at Bridal Veil Falls – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7853)
- Iconic Stranger Things house for sale – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4030)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy (pageviews: 3671)
- St. George grandma pregnant, carrying son’s baby after his wife’s hysterectomy – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3209)
- ‘Totally devastated’: Trucks, trailers and ATVs stolen from Pleasant Grove neighborhood (pageviews: 2231)