‘Spirit Ride’ Hopes To Act As Stern Reminder for Drivers
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – The “Spirit Ride” caravan is making its way across the country to remind drivers to “slow down and move over.”
It hoped to make its mark on motorists in Utah Wednesday.
As part of the event, a flat bed tow truck hauls a casket to remind drivers of to slow down and move over when first responders, tow truck drivers and others are helping out on the side of our highways and roadways.
“It’s a very strong and powerful message, I think, for me and hopefully for other motorists when they see it. It’s not a real funeral, but it could be a real funeral,” said “Spirit Ride” Ambassador Mike Corbin, who was struck by a car while acting as a Good Samaritan.
Ted Sterling, the owner of Adams Towing, a South Salt Lake City business, says helping someone on the side of the road can be nerve-wracking even after almost four decades in the business.
“You roll up, you get out, you hook it. You know, it’s when you hear the brakes squeal or somebody hit a horn and you have your back turned, you don’t know what way to jump. And that’s, you know, it’s spooky. You’ve done it forever and it still scares the heck out of you,” he said.
The procession ended at the Capitol where folks honored and remembered those hit and killed in these types of situations.
- Utah Mother Of Four Killed In Sanpete County Rollover Crash, Father Hospitalized (pageviews: 8952)
- Civil Filing Alleges Lori Vallow's Niece Knows Where Missing Children Are (pageviews: 8281)
- FDA Issues Warning To Jimmy John's For Safety Violations (pageviews: 7276)
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Steps Down In Surprise Announcement (pageviews: 5353)
- Lori Vallow's Neighbors Share Footage Showing Child Behaving Erratically Before Disappearance (pageviews: 4896)
- FCC Receives More Than 1,300 Complaints About Super Bowl Halftime Show (pageviews: 4378)
- Mom Of Missing Tennessee Toddler Arrested, Says She Can't Take Polygraph Due To Pregnancy (pageviews: 3291)
- One Dead, Multiple Injured In Severe Crash In Salt Lake City (pageviews: 3034)
- Coronavirus Shutdowns Hurting Springville Game Business (pageviews: 2960)