Man Wanted In Connection With Wife’s Murder In Mississippi Arrested Near Bear Lake
RICH COUNTY, Utah – United States Marshals have arrested a man found camping near Bear Lake for the death of his wife in Mississippi.
Investigators had been searching for Charles Bowman since June. According to Biloxi, Mississippi NBC affiliate WXXV, investigators from the Pearl River County Sheriff’s Office discovered remains at the home Bowman shared with his wife, Kathleen Bowman. Her children told investigators they had not seen her since Mother’s Day. Those remains were later identified as Kathleen Bowman.
U.S. Marshal Matthew Harris said Charles Bowman had been spotted on surveillance video in Evanston, Wyoming, Kamas, Vernal, and Salt Lake City. Thursday evening, Harris said a Utah Division of Natural Resources officer spotted Bowman at a campground near Bear Lake. Harris said that officer called the Violent Fugitive Apprehension Strike Team, made up the U.S. Marshals and several local police agencies, and they arrested Bowman without incident. Harris said Bowman had firearms on him when he was arrested.
“We have the best fugitive-hunters in the entire world, so you can’t hide from us. You can run, but you can’t hide,” Harris said.
Harris said Bowman would be held here until he could be extradited to Mississippi. He said the process could take several days.
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 6644)
- West Jordan mother in the ICU after being hit by snowmobile while tubing (pageviews: 6488)
- Provo will soon be welcoming its 1st full-size Target store (pageviews: 4817)
- 7 arrested in drug trafficking investigation in Utah and Salt Lake counties (pageviews: 3927)
- Chilling search history on Enoch father's phone: 'Can neighbors hear gunshots?' (pageviews: 3512)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 3261)