Safe in 60: Advice for a Fun and Enjoyable Days of ’47 Celebration
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — If you are one of the thousands of people coming downtown for the Days of ’47 celebration, whether it be the marathon, parade, fireworks or other event, here are some things to keep in mind.
The July 24 celebration is one of the biggest events hosted in downtown Salt Lake City, so expect crowds wherever you go.
- • As you head into downtown, traffic is going to be congested so plan ahead and leave early.
- • Slow down and pay attention, there will be thousands of pedestrians around.
- • There will be many road closures so use alternate routes if possible, and be patient.
- • Parking restrictions will begin Monday evening, so watch for restrictions. If you park somewhere you’re not supposed to you may be towed or relocated.
- • Don’t park along along the parade route (200 East between South Temple and 900 South).
- • Remember that you will have to walk a long distance because parking will be scarce.
- • Camping is allowed, but all city ordinances will apply.
- • You can only use a canopy or see through tents along the route, no enclosed shelters.
- • For the fairness of everyone, please don’t reserve spaces.
- • Don’t block the right-of-way on sidewalks or driveways.
- • No alcohol.
- • For the safety of you and those around you, please no fireworks.
- • With the exception of service animals, please leave pets at home.
DURING THE PARADE
- • Remember the entire area will be congested and roads will be completely closed.
- • Wear comfortable shoes – you will likely need to walk a few blocks from where you park your vehicle.
- • You’ll find more information on the parade route here.
- • Please be nice to your public servants – they are standing in the sun and working on their day off and have probably already been yelled at several times.
Don’t forget your water and sunscreen. And most importantly, have a wonderful holiday.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10480)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 4695)
- Suspect arrested in connection to ritualistic child sex abuse investigation (pageviews: 4341)
- A Spanish Fork high school homecoming dress code causes tension between students and faculty – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3477)
- Three-vehicle crash closes Mountain View Corridor, one passenger ejected (pageviews: 3208)
- Rolling Stone releases list of 100 greatest TV shows of all-time (pageviews: 3123)