Missing 13-year-old Boy Scout from Draper Found In Good Health
Jul 30, 2018, 12:14 AM | Updated: 12:14 am
SUBLETTE COUNTY, Wyoming—A Boy Scout from Draper who had been missing in the Wind River Range since Saturday was located late Sunday night, a sheriff’s spokesperson confirmed.
13-year-old Garrett Hunter was said to be in good health when he was found by volunteer searchers, Sublette County Sheriff’s Sgt. Travis Bingham said.
It was unclear exactly where the boy was located.
Bingham said the searchers planned to camp overnight with Hunter, and then escort him back to a trailhead Monday morning.
Hunter had been on a 50-mile hike with his scout troop when he vanished Saturday morning.
“We haven’t really got confirmation of how they lost sight of him,” Bingham said. “It was a big group and as they traveled out, they just noticed he wasn’t with them anymore.”
Bingham said the group was comprised of roughly 15 scouts and 5 scout leaders.
Approximately 20 trained searchers were aided Sunday by more than three dozen volunteers, many of whom came from Utah to offer whatever assistance they could.
They faced challenging terrain and temperatures at night that dipped below 40 degrees.
“It’s pretty thick country,” Bingham explained. “There’s a lot of trails a lot of lakes, a lot of area to cover—it’s a huge, open wilderness.”
KSL 5 TV Live
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9267)
- Farmington man recovering after falling 40 feet off a highway overpass (pageviews: 8058)
- Woman killed, boyfriend arrested after SLC apartment complex shooting (pageviews: 6022)
- 2 killed in separate Utah Co. crashes; 1 injured after hitting school bus in Clearfield (pageviews: 5683)
- Trail runner hurt by cougar in Millcreek Canyon; DWR locates, euthanizes animal (pageviews: 3183)
- One person dead after shooting at Salt Lake City apartment complex (pageviews: 2423)