Payson Family Not Laughing Over Fireworks Prank
PAYSON, Utah – A Payson family says an apparent prank was not funny and could have seriously damaged their home.
Tyler Fenn said he and his wife were awakened around 12:15 AM Saturday by loud bangs and flashes from the front of their house.
“It was so loud and so horrendous that I thought a car had driven through the front of the house,” Fenn said. “My wife’s initial reaction was run to the gun safe and get firearms out and I ran around the corner to see what it was,”
Fenn realized pretty quickly the noise was coming from aerial fireworks on his front porch. They were shooting through the soffit above his front door and into his attic.
“There was smoke coming out of the ceiling of my attic and this was all filled with smoke and burned, and the decorations were on fire,” he said.
Neighbors came running to help when they heard the noise. Fenn said a neighbor across the street saw three people in their late-teens or early-20s in a silver car pull out of the Fenns’ driveway just before the fireworks started. He tried to chase them, but the car got away too fast.
Fenn is still figuring up how much it will cost to fix the damage the fireworks left behind, but is also thankful it was not worse.
“If that had lit up in the attic, it would be a matter of minutes before that attic was going. It doesn’t take long for a house to totally be consumed,” he said.
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5415)
- Locations of 6 international temples released (pageviews: 4509)
- Teens build intricate 'Gingerbread Cathedral,' get out of writing essay (pageviews: 3865)
- Police confirm no shooting has occurred at Granger Elementary School; school evacuated (pageviews: 2338)
- Details emerge in killings of 2 elderly Clearfield residents (pageviews: 2300)
- Utah’s second Topgolf location to open Friday (pageviews: 2293)