Officer-Involved Shooting Investigation Underway In Midvale
MIDVALE, Utah – An investigation into an officer involved shooting was underway in Midvale.
Sgt. Melody Gray with the Unified Police Authority said an officer spotted a man “acting erratically” at the McDonald’s parking lot near 7200 South 440 West around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.
She said the officer stopped the 26-year-old man and a “scuffle ensued.”
During that scuffle, Gray said the man “produced a weapon.” That’s when, she said, the officer shot the man. She did not know how many shots were fired.
The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
An Officer Involved Critical Incident team was called out to investigate.
Gray had no description of the man’s weapon or the details of the scuffle, but she said, “It is 1:30 in the morning. The McDonald’s is closed, so anytime anybody is wandering around at night in a closed business parking lot, just that behavior in and of itself would invoke some suspicion in a police officer.”
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 10055)
- Elon Musk's child tells court she no longer wants 'to be related' to her dad (pageviews: 5999)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5257)
- Utah family searching for a kidney donor (pageviews: 3218)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 3195)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 3119)