What You Missed This Morning: Dogs, Bagpipes And Casey Scott
MIDWAY, Utah – What happens when you send Casey Scott to hang out with dogs, sheep and a bagpiper?
As Casey put it, “It’s a party all around.”
The Soldier Hollow Classic Sheepdog Championship and Festival is happening in Midway from Aug. 30 – Sept. 3. It includes sheepdog competitions each day of the festival as well as food, arts and crafts, animal activities and demonstrations and the soothing sounds of the bagpipe.
In preparation for the event, Casey chatted with trainers and watched as their dogs herded sheep and executed obstacles.
Casey’s cameraman, Derek, got up close with the sheep.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) August 28, 2018
Casey also caught up with bagpiper Chris of the Salt Lake Scots, who played a couple of songs with interesting names.
And how exactly are bagpipe songs named?
“You either have to be drunk or name it after a lady,” Chris said.
Watch both the pooches and the piper in action:
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)