Construction Worker Found Dead On Salt Lake Job Site
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – A 33-year-old worker was killed by an electrical shock in an industrial accident in Salt Lake City.
Police said it appears to have occurred Monday afternoon in the State Archives building addition construction project, connected to Rio Grande Station, but the man was found Tuesday morning.
“The individual was in an area that was not easily seen, up at a high point in the room he was working at and tucked back into a corner doing some electrical work and at this point it appears he was electrocuted,” said Salt Lake City Police Department Detective Greg Wilking.
Police said people on the job site thought he had left work Monday and closed up the site. His wife contacted the company when he didn’t come home.
“All indications on scene (are) that he was working and it was an unfortunate accident,” said Wilking. “He’s a subcontractor through Hughes Construction. Somebody who has worked closely with Hughes Construction, so obviously the people here on scene are very upset.”
KSL reached out to an employee on scene who said the company was not going to comment at this time.
Power was shut off Tuesday morning for the Medical Examiner’s Office to remove the man’s body.
“You go to work, you think you’re going to do your job, you’re worried about what you’re going to do when you get home, pick up the kids and go about your daily business and these accidents pop up and it’s a tragic situation any time somebody goes to work and they don’t come home to their loved ones,” said Wilking.
Police are not releasing his name at this time.
- Agents report finding child porn, bag of children's underwear in Utah man's home (pageviews: 5101)
- Snow advisories could bring up to 14 inches of snow Friday night (pageviews: 4500)
- Utah man arrested, charged with possessing fentanyl with intent to distribute (pageviews: 2760)
- High winds forces late start for northern Utah school districts (pageviews: 2490)
- Passenger dead after attempting to move crashed truck on SR-89 (pageviews: 2389)
- School bus hits and kills 15-year-old girl (pageviews: 2147)