Wednesday’s Child: Brinley Beating the Odds, Now Hoping She Finds a Family
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — There’s nothing quite like seeing the world through the eyes of a child.
Today 7-year-old Brinley is getting the VIP treatment at Utah’s Hogle Zoo. Being this close to a wild animal would get most of us excited, but according to Brinley’s caseworker, these kinds of reactions happen every day.
“Just the innocence in her eyes — just discovering new things.”
This kind of joy radiates anytime shes in the room.
Brinley has a genetic disorder called Angelman’s Syndrome, which causes developmental delays and affects her ability to talk.
“She’s learning sign language but can’t use it in the right context yet. But she’ll tell you all the signs,” her caseworker, Robyn Fenton, says.
Her progress has already surpassed doctor’s expectations, and she’s still going.
“There are no limits with Brinley,” Fenton says. “I had one person ask me if how much further will she come. Well she’s already come further than we ever imagined.”
But now, this caseworker wants to see Brinley with a family, loved and cherished for who she is.
“There is someone for her,” she says through tears. “She just has so much love to offer. She really does.”
This little girl makes an impact on the the lives of people she encounters.
“I can have the worst day in the world, and when I go visit Brinley she just makes me forget.”
Now she’s hoping Brinley won’t be forgotten and the right family will find her.
Most of the time, has a smile on her face, and she just brings sunshine wherever she goes.”
To donate to help Utah’s children in foster care, call (801) 575-HOPE until 10:30 p.m. Wednesday or donate online at KSL.com/adopt.
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to ‘tithing settlement’ – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 34915)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says (pageviews: 24405)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints makes changes to 'tithing settlement' (pageviews: 11463)
- Meteor causes loud boom heard across northern Utah, National Weather Service says – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8961)
- Anne Heche is 'not expected to survive,' family says in statement (pageviews: 7037)
- Utah company Lions Not Sheep responds to $211K FTC fine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4182)