Salt Lake Ranks 48th On Study Of Safest Driving Cities
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Allstate Insurance has released their 2018 rankings for the safest driving cities in the United States. Salt Lake City was not at the top of the list.
Just ahead of the Labor Day weekend, Allstate’s rankings saw Salt Lake move up 10 spots since 2017, but still ranked 48th on the list.
“I ride my skateboard to work a lot,” Jason Schofield explained. “I can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve almost been hit by a car.”
Another Salt Lake City area driver, Gloria Chacon chimed in.
“I’ve lived in California, and Utah drivers are worse,” she said.
Allsate ranked 200 of the largest metropolitan areas in the country, looking at the number of years between insurance claims for the average driver, and “hard-braking” events per 1,000 miles. The bottom three cities were Washington D.C., Boston, MA, and Baltimore, MD, respectively.
Brownsville, Texas ranked as the number one safest driving city in the study. Our neighbors to the north, in Boise, Idaho ranked number three.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 23761)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 6035)
- Two dead after crashing into parked truck (pageviews: 5428)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 5364)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4461)
- Utah Tech student dead after accidentally falling from balcony (pageviews: 3951)