Wednesday’s Child: 9-Year-Old Aiden
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – When you’re 9 years-old, an afternoon playing video games is at the top of your wish list. For Aiden, battling make-believe villain and getting lost in a world far away, is a chance to escape the harder thing in his own reality.
“I don’t like to be alone,” said Aiden.
Aiden isn’t physically alone. He lives in foster care and has a caseworker, but he says he feels alone in a different way.
“He’s a little impatient about wanting a family,” said Beverley Johnson with Utah’s Division of Child and Family Services. “I think he’s a very sweet kid.”
So, Aiden is taking a chance on going on television to share his story. He hopes someone will hear it, and do something.
“Yeah, that would make me really happy,” Aiden said. “I don’t want to be in foster care for a long time. I just want my family now.”
For a little while, he was distracted from the fact that he doesn’t have a family, but it’s always in the back of his mind. The one thing he wants more than anything is to be adopted.
“It would make me excited and I would love my family best and live with them and stay with them the whole entire time.”
To learn more about Aiden, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or at www.adoptex.org
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)