Two Early-morning Garage Fires Spark In Davis, Weber Counties
OGDEN, Utah – Two separate properties in Davis and Weber counties were affected by garage fires in the early hours of Thursday morning, one of which left homeowners displaced.
Fire investigators are looking into what caused a garage fire in Kaysville. The blaze was contained before it could spread to the home on Foxtrotter Court.
Kaysville, Layton, Farmington, South David Metro, and South Weber fire agencies were called to the scene at 3:10am where the fire was reportedly extinguished quickly.
Officials said the detached garage was extremely damaged and will, along with the contents inside, most likely be a total loss. A truck parked outside near the garage received some heat damage.
The Davis County investigative unit is looking for a cause.
In Ogden, though, two people weren’t as lucky after a garage fire spread, destroying the house and leaving them homeless.
Officials were called to the scene at 4:30 a.m. where it took approximately 40 minutes for firefighters from Weber, South Ogden, Ogden, South Weber and Uintah to get the flames under control.
No one was injured.
Investigators are looking into the cause of the fire, and the Red Cross was called in to help the residents displaced by the damage.
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13441)
- 2 former Stansbury High School teammates to faceoff in the Super Bowl (pageviews: 7554)
- Felony charges for contractor accused of ripping off several Utahns (pageviews: 5852)
- Residential care facility faces fine after woman pronounced dead found gasping for air in body bag (pageviews: 4852)
- Utah state prisons on lockdown after three assaults against officers (pageviews: 4484)
- Missing Arizona girl found in basement of convicted Utah sex offender on parole (pageviews: 3699)