Public Database Lists Freed Elizabeth Smart Kidnapper’s New Address In South Salt Lake
SALT LAKE COUNTY, Utah — Elizabeth Smart kidnapper Wanda Barzee’s first move out of prison Wednesday was apparently to an extended-stay hotel in South Salt Lake, according to records found on a public database.
Barzee must list an address as a registered sex offender, and the new address listed on Utah’s sex offender registry Wednesday afternoon corresponded with an Intown Suites location off of 3300 South.
An employee of the business told reporters and photographers who had gathered in the parking lot Wednesday evening, “the person you are looking for is not here,” but did not add any further clarity to whether Barzee had been there earlier in the day or would be there at any time that night or in the near future.
Barzee exited prison Wednesday morning under conditions of a federally-supervised release.
Among those conditions, according to court documents were restrictions on contacting Smart and her family, visiting certain undisclosed areas and abiding by a 9 p.m. curfew.
“Ms. Barzee’s singular desire is to comply with all conditions of her release, and to be left alone,” the woman’s attorney, Scott Williams, told reporters.
Despite the uncertainty surrounding Barzee’s location Wednesday afternoon, guests and others around the hotel expressed mixed feelings about her release.
“The punishment, I will state, is not enough, but she was tried, convicted and now she’s free,” said a man who goes by the street name, ‘Cowboy.’ “You will never know if she does feel remorse. You can’t express remorse to someone so they’d understand it, but we don’t have to keep continually punishing her.”
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 17145)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 9231)
- SB I-15 closed in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 6159)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 5239)
- Witness recounts 'miraculous' Moab rescue after BASE jumper crashes into cliff (pageviews: 4464)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4141)