You Can Enjoy A Meal Under The Sea At This Underwater Restaurant
HURUVALHI, Maldives – Break out your “Little Mermaid” soundtrack because “Under the Sea” is the perfect song for this underwater restaurant.
On an island in the Maldives, there’s a unique restaurant attached to a luxury resort. That restaurant, 5.8 Undersea, just happens to be made of glass and is submerged nearly 20 feet below the ocean.
The five-inch-thick glass frame was made in Japan. The restaurant was assembled in New Zealand. Finally, it was transported to Maldives where it was submerged.
Seating is limited; 5.8 Undersea accommodates no more than 10 couples.
The menu “dazzles and delights diners with a multi-course tasting extravaganza,” according to the restaurant’s website.
A prix-fixe, 5-course lunch including tuna tartare, seared scallop, poached lobster and mango cheesecake costs $225 per person. A 7-course dinner costs $280 per person, with smoked lobster with sea urchin mousse and seared wagyu tenderloin with wagyu cheek confit added to the menu.
Of course, those menus can vary “based on the season and chef’s current culinary inspiration,” according to the site.
It may cost a pretty penny to visit, but the views can’t be beat.
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 13464)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 10146)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10091)
- Utah truck driver arrested in California cold case from 1994 (pageviews: 6951)
- Utah correctional officer assaulted by inmate at state prison (pageviews: 5445)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5414)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 4793)