Police Identify Woman In Suspected Drive-By Shooting
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Police have identified the woman killed after a suspected drive by shooting in Salt Lake City.
Officials said 47-year-old Wanuyung Judd died after she was rushed to a hospital in critical condition.
Salt Lake City Police Detective Keith Horrocks said Judd was struck by multiple shots while inside her home on Harrison Avenue (1350 South) Friday morning.
He said officers were in the area when they got a “shots fired” call at approximately 6:30 a.m.
Police continue to look for the shooter.
“I heard this loud boom, really loud, it didn’t sound like gun shots,” said neighbor Lili Ramirez.
She said she believes Judd was an innocent victim, a casualty of crime she said she’s seen in this neighborhood. She noted it could have easily have been her.
“That was her garden out there,” Ramirez said. “She was growing a garden and she would give the homeless people tomatoes and squashes and what not.”
Ramirez said she thinks the shooter was targeting another neighbor.
“The couple wasn’t doing anything,” she said. “He worked for a living and she stayed home, a housewife, you know? They were married probably about four or five months, and now she’s dead.”
As of noon, Harrison Avenue was still blocked between State and Major Streets.
While police currently don’t have information on the make of the car, they said it went east on Harrison Avenue and then south on State Street.
“Our investigators are working diligently to piece that information together,” Horrocks said.
Police said they don’t believe the public is in danger, but they want to get the suspect off the streets.
Anyone with information is urged to contact the SLCPD at 801-799-3000.
- Slain Enoch girl texted friend that dad was acting strange and she was worried (pageviews: 14110)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 13553)
- Body found inside limestone kiln in Salt Lake City foothills (pageviews: 8491)
- UPDATE: Three in custody after shots fired at Taylorsville High School, police said (pageviews: 7883)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School (pageviews: 7144)
- BREAKING: Shots fired at Taylorsville High School - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5583)