Barbara Bowen Ballard, Wife Of President M. Russell Ballard, Dies
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Barbara Bowen Ballard, wife of President M. Russell Ballard, president of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, died Oct. 1., according to a media release from the church.
She battled a handful of health issues, including Alzheimer’s, before her death.
Barbara Bowen was born Jan. 5, 1932 in Salt Lake City. She met her husband while the two were attending University of Utah. They were married Aug. 28, 1951.
“I married the right daughter of God,” M. Russell Ballard said. “Without the help and direction of Barbara, our family relationships would not have been as happy and fulfilling as they were. Barbara is a treasure for our family forever. We honor her for her constant love, good judgment, and counsel.”
Funeral services will be Oct. 8 at noon at the Monument Park Stake Center, 1320 S. Wasatch Drive, Salt Lake City. A public viewing will be Oct. 7 from 5 – 7:30 p.m. at the same location.
- High winds, heavy snow warning for ‘hazardous conditions’ Friday morning - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 36760)
- Body in Provo identified as jogger killed in hit-and-run (pageviews: 18142)
- High winds, heavy snow warning for 'hazardous conditions' Friday morning (pageviews: 7530)
- Newly built homes deemed unlivable due to sliding soil (pageviews: 6148)
- SB I-15 reopens in Layton following police chase, shooting (pageviews: 5835)
- Lehi mom stranded in snowstorm grateful for help from unexpected stranger - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5830)
- Winter storm leads to messy morning commute; schools moving online, delaying starts - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 5795)