General Conference Special: Road To Recovery
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah has the seventh-highest drug overdose rate in the nation, and six Utahans die every week from opioid overdoses alone.
Regardless of race, religion, socio-economic background or family support, addiction affects people from every walk of life. Show producer Heather Simonsen talks with families dealing with this problem and documents the experiences they are having on their roads to recovery.
These families know the toll it takes and the emotional rollercoaster that accompanies addictions, and willingly share their experiences in hopes that others might find solutions.
Everyone agrees it’s an overwhelming problem, but there are solutions. Show host Shara Park shares her own experience within her family and talks with specialists who help dispel myths. Each of these stories are raw and revealing, but there is hope in their healing.
From 12-step programs sponsored by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to gritty awareness campaigns in the community, we explore what help is available and how you can be part of the solution.
- US coach makes dramatic rescue of artistic swimmer at worlds (pageviews: 12230)
- AIR SHOW: What to bring, what to leave at home and how to get there (pageviews: 7508)
- Utah woman killed, one person injured in Nevada crash (pageviews: 5653)
- Teen trying to save another swimmer drowns in Deer Creek (pageviews: 5638)
- Utah couple gets hit with sky-high surprise air ambulance bill – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4110)
- 5 planets take center stage as they align in the night sky (pageviews: 3222)