Uber-like App SnoHub Available for Utah Snow Clean Up
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – If you’re a fan of convenience and hate the hassle of shoveling or perhaps you want to make an extra few bucks this winter season, there’s a new app like Uber for snow removal now available to Utahns. It’s called SnoHub.
Founder and CEO James Albis stopped by Salt Lake Wednesday.
“Being a homeowner for 10 years, the challenge for me was just trying to get snow cleared out of my driveway and after so many times after dealing with a lot unreliable contractors, I knew that something needed to be done with technologies,” said Albis.
Not only can you request service like an Uber, you can also sign up to be one of their contractors just like an Uber driver.
“Our whole premise is use the equipment you have to go out there and earn the money that you need to make, so the flexibility comes with using a shovel, using a snow blower, using what you have in terms of your resources to clear snow,” said Albis.
He says the app is already extremely popular in the other snowy cities, but this is its first winter available in Utah.
The app is available for free at the Apple or Google Play stores.
“You can do it on vacation. You can order service wherever. You can be on the beach in Mexico, you can order it from there to get your snow cleared out there, you can even order it for a friend or a family member back in Boston,” said Albis.
He says prices vary between $40 to $100 depending on the size of your driveway. You can even add on extra services like salt treatments.
Contractors make 70 percent of the payment.
Albis met with RMT Equipment in Salt Lake City Wednesday, as they supply many locals with plow and shoveling materials.
“A lot of those commercial guys are using the app as well now. They’re going to start kind of inserting it into their business, so all around, Snohub is going to be great for Salt Lake City,” said Cory Smart, with RMT Equipment.
- Kirstie Alley, Emmy-winning ‘Cheers’ star, dies at 71 (pageviews: 24529)
- Hunter High shooter gets juvenile detention for killing 2 students; case now closed (pageviews: 9347)
- Family, friends remember Utah Tech freshman as 'the life of the party' (pageviews: 7132)
- ‘It’s kind of an eerie feeling;’ Utah man living in Hawaii witnesses Mauna Loa eruption - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4470)
- Utah family gets 'a measure of justice' in 50-year-old rape case (pageviews: 4133)
- Netflix's 'Falling for Christmas' filmed at these charming Utah locations (pageviews: 3798)