Wednesday’s Child: Kolby Hopes Fourth Time Will Lead To Adoption
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Life can be pretty sweet when you get to spend an afternoon at Ruby Snap bakery in Salt Lake City. If the smell of what’s cooking isn’t enough to make it feel like home, the hospitality certainly will.
On Wednesday, Kolby learned what goes on behind the counter.
“We’re preparing cookies for the customers,” said Kolby.
The 17-year-old loves to bake, but it was his first time getting some hands-on experience in a professional setting.
“We’re practicing making cookies and stuff like that,” he said with a smile.
Wednesday wasn’t his first time going on TV for Wednesday’s Child; it wasn’t even his second! It was his fourth time putting himself out there hoping someone will see and give him a chance.
“I’ve been adopted once, but then after they couldn’t take care of me,” he said.
Kolby says he remembers the day he left his biological family.
“I was hoping (my family) would come visit me sometimes and it was like a couple of times and then nothing,” he said.
Since then, the number of moves is hard to count.
“Yeah, but this is my life,” he said with a shrug.
However, there is one number that is constantly on Kolby’s mind.
“I’m worried that when I turn 18, I’ll be kicked out of the house and then I don’t know what will happen,” he said.
He’s desperate to find a place he belongs.
“I’ve tried to find my cousin online but there was nothing,” he said.
Kolby says he’s not giving up on his forever family. He will continue to smile at the sweet things in life and hope for something even sweeter.
To learn more about Kolby or the many children who are living in the Utah Foster Care system, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or Adoptex.org.
- UHP warning of scam happening on Utah roadways – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 10805)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake ‘made in the USA’ tags – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9163)
- Caution: Strong weather takes Utah into the weekend (pageviews: 6858)
- Missing Utah woman found alive 1 week after crashing car in 300-foot ravine (pageviews: 5521)
- Utah company must pay FTC over $200,000 for their fake 'made in the USA' tags (pageviews: 5318)
- USANA Amphitheatre briefly evacuated due to weather – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 4304)