Wednesday’s Child: Kolby Hopes Fourth Time Will Lead To Adoption
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Life can be pretty sweet when you get to spend an afternoon at Ruby Snap bakery in Salt Lake City. If the smell of what’s cooking isn’t enough to make it feel like home, the hospitality certainly will.
On Wednesday, Kolby learned what goes on behind the counter.
“We’re preparing cookies for the customers,” said Kolby.
The 17-year-old loves to bake, but it was his first time getting some hands-on experience in a professional setting.
“We’re practicing making cookies and stuff like that,” he said with a smile.
Wednesday wasn’t his first time going on TV for Wednesday’s Child; it wasn’t even his second! It was his fourth time putting himself out there hoping someone will see and give him a chance.
“I’ve been adopted once, but then after they couldn’t take care of me,” he said.
Kolby says he remembers the day he left his biological family.
“I was hoping (my family) would come visit me sometimes and it was like a couple of times and then nothing,” he said.
Since then, the number of moves is hard to count.
“Yeah, but this is my life,” he said with a shrug.
However, there is one number that is constantly on Kolby’s mind.
“I’m worried that when I turn 18, I’ll be kicked out of the house and then I don’t know what will happen,” he said.
He’s desperate to find a place he belongs.
“I’ve tried to find my cousin online but there was nothing,” he said.
Kolby says he’s not giving up on his forever family. He will continue to smile at the sweet things in life and hope for something even sweeter.
To learn more about Kolby or the many children who are living in the Utah Foster Care system, contact The Utah Adoption Exchange at 801-265-0444 or Adoptex.org.
- Live (pageviews: 9847)
- Missionaries From Utah, Montana Killed In New Mexico Car Crash (pageviews: 8506)
- Family Rescued From Capsized Boat During Storm On Bear Lake (pageviews: 6429)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As 'Breakthrough' COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine (pageviews: 5395)
- Utah Woman Shares Experience As ‘Breakthrough’ COVID-19 Case After Getting J&J Vaccine – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 2133)
- Salt Lake Co. DA Rules Officer Justified In Fatal Shooting Of Handcuffed Man In West Valley (pageviews: 2063)
- Cancer Misinformation On The Rise On Social Media, Huntsman Cancer Institute Study Says (pageviews: 1955)
- Family Calls District Attorney's Ruling 'Systemic Failure' (pageviews: 1863)
- Days Of ’47 Parade: Road Closures, Times & How To Watch – KSLTV.com (pageviews: 1525)