Mississippi Officials Investigate Toddler Found Dead In Oven
JACKSON, Miss. (AP) – Mississippi officials are investigating after a dead girl was found in an oven.
Mississippi Department of Public Safety spokesman Warren Strain says police were called Monday night to a home in Shaw. There, a 20-month-old girl was found dead in an oven.
Strain says officials are still investigating the girl’s cause of death, as well as when the girl may have died. The body has been sent for an autopsy.
Bolivar County Sheriff Kelvin Williams tells WTVA-TV the girl had been stabbed, placed in the oven and the oven turned on.
Strain says a person is being questioned in the death but that charges hadn’t been filed as of Tuesday morning.
Shaw, with 2,000 residents, is about 100 miles (160 kilometers) northwest of Jackson in Mississippi’s Delta region.
- Family members remember, honor two USU plane crash victims (pageviews: 7173)
- UPDATE: Ogden teen found by family (pageviews: 6659)
- 48 migrants die after trailer abandoned in Texas heat (pageviews: 6371)
- SLC replacing fireworks with laser shows for July holidays (pageviews: 6316)
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case (pageviews: 6069)
- Why this mom’s abortion decision challenged her family’s religious beliefs (pageviews: 4164)