Fall Break Kicks Off, Traffic Picks Up For Utah Travelers
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Fall Break is officially underway, and with that comes increased traffic for the roads and airport.
Salt Lake International Airport officials said they expect upwards of 28,000 passengers each day to go through the airport during Fall Break.
“We did this in May a couple of years ago and it was not this busy at all,” said Jordan Henderson, a Utah County mom headed to Disneyland with her kids.
She and her family were just a few of the thousands already at the airport early Thursday morning.
To alleviate some of the stress that can come along with travel, airport personnel are reminding travelers to arrive two hours ahead of when their flights take off. This allows time for parking, checking luggage and getting through security.
“We left at 4 and our flight doesn’t leave until 7,” Henderson said. “So we are probably a little early. Last time we got held up with check-in, so we thought we’d better be here super early.”
“We’ll have breakfast up there, and hopefully we make our flight,” she added.
For those taking a road trip, keep in mind others are also traveling and construction is underway in many areas of Utah.
The Utah Department of Transportation asked travelers to pack their patience, avoid road rage, get plenty of rest and allow themselves some extra time for any hiccups along the way — whether they’re making a long voyage or a local trip.
For those flying, it’s a good idea to check the flight status before heading out the door. And for those driving, make sure to pull over for a quick nap if you’re feeling drowsy, or hand the wheel over to a co-driver.
- 19-year-old dies at hospital following crash in Uintah County (pageviews: 15643)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah (pageviews: 11669)
- Utah's Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? (pageviews: 10835)
- Coldest temperature in the US Monday recorded in Peter Sinks, Utah - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 8469)
- Utah’s Peter Sinks reaches -62 Monday; Why does it get so cold? - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 7504)
- Two employees dead at Northrop Grumman Magna facility (pageviews: 7233)