Downtown Business Happy the Jazz Are Playing Again
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – When something works, you stay with it.
Juicy burgers, crisp fries, and refreshing drinks are part of the menu at Crown Burgers in downtown Salt Lake City and have been the same for years.
“It never changes. It’s always the same,” said Crown Burgers manager Mike Katsanevas.
However, with this Friday night crowd, it just feels different here.
“I think 2018 – 2019 is going to be a great year,” said Katsanevas.
Katsanevas is more excited than usual because it’s opening night for the Utah Jazz.
Lots of fans eat at his restaurant because it’s only a block away from where the Jazz play.
His restaurant is usually packed for home games.
“It’s good for us,” he said. “It’s good for all the businesses around here. The better they play, the more business they generate for all the business owners around here.”
Fans are just as excited.
Many arriving two hours early just to get into the arena on opening night.
“This is supposed to be a good year. Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert, you know. I’m excited,” said one fan as he walked into the arena.
“There’s a buzz. There’s definitely a buzz,” said another fan walking with his family while they were all wearing Jazz shirts.
Cassidy Gull, who came to the game from Payson, brought a homemade sign saying she has waited 166 days to see the Jazz, and specifically point guard Raul Neto, play again.
“Umm, he’s just super cute,” she said with a laugh.
That’s one reason to be a Jazz fan.
Another reason is just how much this team seems to have embraced the state.
“You can just see how much they love being here in Utah, and that’s what I love about all of them,” said Gull.
There is no doubt expectations are high this season.
And the better they do the better downtown Salt Lake City does.
- Former sex crimes prosecutor arrested for child porn in Utah County - KSLTV.com (pageviews: 9148)
- 18 new temples announced during October 2022 General Conference (pageviews: 5383)
- Weather officials warn of hazardous storm with hail, lighting, and 60mph winds in southern and eastern Utah (pageviews: 3392)
- 'He seemed prepared for battle:' Neighbors terrified after encounter with armed stranger (pageviews: 2595)
- Live (pageviews: 2201)
- Coach, kicker & official reflect on Cottonwood High's rare, game-winning play (pageviews: 2139)